October 18, 2012

u & i, new drawing

I'm trying to look on the bright side of insomnia... Less sleep? More blog posts! Seriously, insomnia has been a part of my life for as long as I can remember, but I thought that I had finally vanquished it this year. Nope. It came back with a vengeance earlier this week. I have never had the kind where I wasn't tired and was just W I D E  A W A K E, but here I am. Wide awake at 4 am after laying in bed for 3 hours getting progressively less sleepy. 

So here I am on my partner's computer at 4 am (my computer, unfortunately, lives in our bedroom, and we have a guest staying in the living room which is where the books live - oh what a week to not be able to sleep!), and what do I come across but a scan of a drawing made for my friend Sandrine a few month's ago that I never posted. She had the great suggestion after seeing the Creative Type ampersand I drew to use a colour less harsh than black for the lettering, and I think it worked out really well. 

u & i, ink on paper, 9x20 inches, 2012. Click to enlarge.



No comments: